(l-r) Shelley Ditty, West Park Vice President of Planning and Development; The Honourable Laura Albanese, Ontario Minister of Citizenship and Immigration and MPP for York South-Weston; and Anne-Marie Malek, West Park President & CEO helped celebrate the official RFP release for its new hospital development.
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and West Park Healthcare Centre have released a request for proposals (RFP) to three teams prequalified to design, build, finance and maintain the new hospital development project in Toronto. The release of the RFP marks a critical milestone in the project, enabling the teams to begin work on proposals for the new facility.
Read the full news release
An open, competitive request for qualifications process, overseen by IO and West Park, began in September 2016. This process identified three teams with the design and construction capability, facilities management experience and financial capacity to deliver a project of this size and scope. The prequalified teams invited to submit proposals for the project are:
EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare
- Developer: EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Constructor: EllisDon Design Build Inc.
- Design Team: Cannon Design Ltd. and Montgomery Sisam Architects
- Facilities Management: EllisDon Facilities Services Inc.
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
Plenary PCL Partnership
- Developer: Plenary Group Canada Ltd. and PCL Investments Canada Inc.
- Constructor: PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Design Team: B+H Architects and Stantec Architects Inc.
- Facilities Management: Johnson Controls Inc.
- Financial Advisor: TD Securities Inc.
West Park Healthcare Partnership
- Developer: Axium Infrastructure Canada II LP, DIF Infra 3 Canada Ltd., and Walsh Infrastructure Canada Ltd.
- Constructor: Walsh Canada
- Design Team: Parkin Architects Ltd. and Adamson Associates
- Facilities Management: Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions Canada LP
- Financial Advisor: Brookfield Financial Securities Inc.
Targeting LEED® Silver in the Canada Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) rating system, the project will see the construction of a new hospital facility totalling approximately 730,000 square feet. Other project features include:
- Three hundred and fourteen beds, with 80 per cent of beds in single-patient rooms
- Three-piece private washroom for each patient, even in double occupancy rooms
- Significant increase in outpatient care space to accommodate current and new services such as geriatric clinics and day hospital, and satellite hemodialysis
- Demolition of three existing hospital buildings – Main, Ruddy and Gage – as well as the existing maintenance buildings
- New campus entrance with new public and private roads within the campus
- Increased green space, landscaping for outdoor therapy, therapeutic gardens, walking paths and courtyards, plus terraces on every floor
Once the RFP submissions are received, IO and West Park will evaluate submissions and select the successful bidder. The winning bidder is expected to be announced in summer 2018, with construction to follow shortly thereafter.
Ontario is making the largest infrastructure investment in hospitals, schools, public transit, roads and bridges in the province's history. To learn more about what's happening in your community, go to Ontario.ca/BuildON.
- This project is being delivered using IO’s Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) model, an innovative way of financing and procuring large, complex public infrastructure projects.
- IO and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are working with West Park Healthcare Centre to develop the facility, which will be publicly owned, controlled and accountable.
- According to Ontario's 2017 Long-Term Report on the Economy, every $1 spent on public infrastructure has been shown to increase GDP by $6 in the long term.
Infrastructure Ontario – West Park Healthcare Centre Project
Links: Overview of Campus Development | Project Milestones | FAQ
For questions or comments, please contact the Campus Development department at 416-243-3600 ext. 2111 or email@example.com.