Construction Cam is live! Watch it now.
Watch West Park's new hospital come alive!
Interested viewers can now watch the construction of West Park’s new world-class facility in the comfort of their homes or anywhere else in the world.
A live-feed camera has been installed at the top of the Ruddy Building to overlook the construction of the new hospital.
“Watching the transformation of West Park’s campus is going to be epic,” says Shelley Ditty, Vice-President of Campus Development and Support Services. “Once they start digging the footprint of the new hospital, the landscape you see now on screen will be drastically different.”
The current screenshot captures the Ruddy Visitors Parking Lot at the bottom to the Gage Building and Kingsley Fox Courtyard (former gazebo area) at the top. The camera will live-stream 24-7, and also take a photo every hour, which will used to create a time-lapse video when the project is completed.
View the live feed
Watch the live feed and win prizes!
1. Visit www.westpark.org and click on the link under What’s Happening At West Park.
2. See what “Legoman” — who is helping us build the new hospital — is doing for 10 minutes at the following times:
- Thursday, May 30 | 12:15 p.m. and 4:15 p.m.
- Friday, May 31 | 9:15 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
3. Tell us what Legoman is doing at any of the above times to firstname.lastname@example.org. For each time period, your name will be entered into a draw to win a West Park branded prize pack.
You can catch all the construction excitement from now until 2023. Below are some milestones and activities you can look forward to:
- Referred to as early works, EllisDon is now preparing the site for construction. This involves rerouting underground services such as installing temporary water and firemains, so West Park's current buildings can operate during construction;
- In early 2020, known as the "Big Dig," construction workers will be digging the new hospital’s footprint and 2.5 levels of underground parking;
- Level-by-level construction of West Park’s six-story, approximately 730,000 square foot building;
- Up to four cranes onsite and potentially up to 500 construction workers and tradespeople on the campus at the height of construction;
- Topping off event when the final concrete slabs are poured at the top of the new hospital in 2022;
- Opening of the new hospital in 2023.
Features of the New Hospital
West Park has spent thousands of hours engaging patients, family members and staff in the planning of the new hospital with the goal of enhancing quality, patient safety and outcomes. With the architectural designs in the final stages, West Park is confident the new facility will enable staff to provide exemplary care in an environment that is spacious, nurturing and accessible.
The next generation of patients, caregivers and visitors can look forward to the following in West Park's new hospital:
- 314 beds (20 per cent increase)
- 80 per cent of beds being in single-patient rooms; 20 per cent in double-patient rooms
- A private three-piece washroom for each inpatient, including those in double rooms
- Therapy gym on every floor
- Communal dining room on every inpatient unit
- Terraces on every floor so patients can easily access the outside
- New services which include geriatric clinics and day hospital, and satellite hemodialysis unit
- Extensive outdoor therapeutic spaces, gardens and walking trails to be used by patients, family members and the community
Questions or concerns
Please contact email@example.com or 416-243-3600 ext. 2111.